Physical workouts for your body, and skin care products for your face. Right? Nothing wrong with that, but you can also “train” your facial muscles to keep them fit and firm. We have compiled a list of exercises for your face, for double chin prevention… or to get rid of it, or any other issues that are bothersome for you.
But first, do some warm-ups! Warm-ups are essential for any workout routine. Here’s what we recommend: jut your lower jaw forward, return it to its normal position, then move it from side to side. Move your jaw slowly and smoothly 8 to 10 times.
Now, onto the exercises!
1. Water scooping
Place your bottom lip over your lower teeth, relax the corners of your mouth, now move your head down as if you’re scooping water with your lower jaw. Repeat 5 to 7 times.
2. Can you touch the tip of your nose with the tip of your tongue? It doesn’t really matter if you actually can do so. It’s only important that you try. Oh, and for your chin as well. So stick your tongue out to the max and reach for your nose. Five attempts per “facial workout” are just fine.
3. Keep yourself in good shape. Your face, too.
Think that you could do with slightly pulled-up cheeks? Turn your head to one side, thrust your jaw out. Your neck muscles should be tensed if you’re doing this right. Turn your head to the other side and repeat the exercise. Repeat 5 times for each side.
4. Kiss the sky. Or kiss someone who is way, way taller than you. Lift your head up, push your lower jaw forward and pucker your lips. You should feel tension in your neck muscles. Stay in this position for 5-8 seconds, then relax and repeat the set 5 times.
5. Resist your fist. Place your palms under your chin and close them into fists. Push your lower jaw down on your fists. As you gradually increase the pressing force, try to strain your chin muscles. Keep maximum pressure for about 3 seconds, relax and repeat the steps 5-7 times.
6. A slightly modified smile. Clench your teeth and stretch the corners of your mouth, push your tongue against the roof of your mouth. Increase the force gradually. You’re doing this right if you feel the tension in your chin muscles. Hold the tension for about 5 seconds, relax and repeat this set 5-8 times.
7. Puff your cheeks. Here are the instructions on how to puff your cheeks correctly: Breathe in deeply with your mouth, close it, trap the air inside. Now make a motion like you’re about to blow out your cheeks, but don’t let the air out. We’re kidding, there is no correct way to do puffed cheeks. There is only one we all know since we were kids. So, now slightly press the palms of your hands to your puffed cheeks, hold for a few seconds, release the air. Repeat these “steps” 5-8 times. Or more, if you’re feeling silly.